Is the Web Dead?
A instead thrilling headline … Is the web dead?
Not precisely something you ’d expect an Online marketing specialist to be blogging about. …
By ‘web’, I indicate excellent old fashioned websites that you check out making use of an internet browser like Internet Traveler or Firefox.
Now, think of just how much your business uses the Internet rather than just the web:
- Apps: utilizing Google maps application on your smart phone, as opposed to making use of the Google website
- Applications like Tweetdeck to monitor trends and upgrading customers with Twitter blog posts, instead of utilizing the Twitter website
- Reading publications on your Kindle or iPad
- Getting updates from LinkedIn through e-mail or on your phone
- Delivering consumer service or marketing messages on YouTube video that could be viewed on any Internet device
- Using social networking websites like Facebook providing a full user encounter, consisting of payments
- Delivering a webinar utilizing an internet conferencing software
- Speaking to a customer utilizing Skype
There’s a great write-up by Chris Anderson over at Wired magazine on the decrease of the internet, and also they have actually published this graph to reveal exactly how using the Web, as well as much more especially, the Internet, has actually changed over the last Twenty Years:
Is the Web Really Dead?
Of course not. What this chart doesn’t convey is the phenomenal overall development of the use of the Web. Whilst the proportion of website traffic to the web is dropping, there is still a substantial amount of internet task going on.
Look at that blue-green email section: the proportion of e-mail web traffic is dropping, but would you consider you’re obtaining less e-mail now than you did in 2000? Ha ha, really funny.
However, the means our clients connect with electronic info is transforming rapidly, as well as your business has to maintain up if it is visiting survive.
We’re not just making use of internet browsers on our computers anymore, the phenomenal development of net made it possible for gadgets like our apples iphone, Blackberry, Kindle, iPad, and even the brand-new Web Sony television indicates new regulations to the game.
And we’re maintaining to date and trying to find info in brand-new ways, utilizing applications well fit to our needs.
So, the question is, exactly how could your company not get left in this time of rapid change?